Sunday, July 24, 2011

screw this

Why haven't I made a blog post lately? Because racing sucks.

And the recap:

Portland Plaza Rules Committee: Voted in favor of keeping the rules the same and not allowing bicycles in the elevator and thus residents' units. And I didn't raise a big enough stink about it.

Ironclad Crit: Won two primes, but then the final lap someone else pulled my same move for the win and then I got lectured for being dangerous (which was deserved).

Brad Lewis Crit: Won two primes again, but then "Sofa King" won the race and a pair of ZIPPs.

Tabor: Psyche! Tabor is all done for the season. Hustled over there and then it wasn't happening. Then I went to pump my tire and the valve came off.

New Carbon Wheels: Stayed past my bedtime numerous nights to see my new carbon wheels come to being.

Cascade Lakes: Attacked got swallowed, attacked got swallowed. Putzed around with the filed until the final climb and then didn't hang on. Not a bad finish, but probably coulda done better.

TT: A minute 15 late for my start. And then got passed by 2 more people. Didn't realize tubulars lose air like crazy so was probably riding at 40psi.

Crit: Nipped for a prime, stuck behind a clusterfrack on the final lap.

Awbrey Butte: Had a great technique of hillclimbing against a pathetic field where a break never materialized. Final lap we alleycatted our way past stopped cars on the course while going downhill, then raced thru a final roundabout that had kids on cruiser bikes going thru it and then I was smack dab on the front with 400 to go and knew I was screwed. I completely gave up and floated back so hard that some guy rammed into me, snapped my deraileur hanger in half, gashed my rear tire and gashed up my new carbon wheel that had been ridden for the third time ever. I drug his bike for about 50 meters while staying upright.

And then Randy won the Tacoma fantasy Tour de France mini-league. Someone kill me and put me out of my misery now. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment