Sunday, April 17, 2011

What the heck, I'll race

Today was the final race, a 64 miler through some Palouse hills.  I just did my usual thing of riding a bit and then attacking quite early.  Unfortunately, when I got away one of the teammates of the GC leader was with me and didn't help.  After the pack caught me, I was really tired.  I was getting dropped on hillclimbs but always managed to get back to the pack.

After the final hill I was still with the field and decided that since I was still here I would still try to race.  At the 1k we had the whole road and I manged to manueveur past 30 guys, scoot by a gnarly crash and then found a hole to the front where I proceeded to sprint for 6th place.  Pretty stoked about a top ten finish considering how hard I had worked this whole weekend.

After the race I downed a half gallon of rich chocolate milk which apparently contained 2160 calories.  And I was in a milk coma after that.  Now for the drive back to pdx.  Walla Walla, I'll cya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment