Saturday, April 16, 2011

Not racing today

I managed to recover from yesterday's race. But I slept in a tent over the night. I set it up in the rain. And then I wasn't intuitive enough to realize that the mattress pad required airing out before you actually used it. So I was part sweating warm in my 15 degree sleeping bag, part getting cold and went on the bottom. Did not sleep well. And then I got so hungry I couldn't sleep at 3am so I had some granola and raisins.

I made my way over to the TT start and got in an ok warmup and adjusted my bike except for the stem. I thought I would do ok since there was a hill on the course, but got passed by 3 people for 66th.

Then I bummed a shower from some friends and ate some pizza. Then it was time for the crit. It was a real technical course with 8 corners and cracked pavement all around. I didn't start too well and felt like I was slinkying for no good the whole race. I finished 50th.

Now I'm bumming half of a bed from the same people in hopes of feeling rested enough for tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. That isn't very reassuring... I was thinking of tent-camping for the STP! Hope tomorrow goes better for ya.

    ReplyDelete