Sunday, April 10, 2011

My bike hates me

This weekend was the suck in terms of racing.

Building on top of last week's chain derail just before a big hill.  This Saturday I had a chain derail just before the big attack that got away.  I got back to the peleton and after 6 minutes of just watching 2 guys go and moving up I broke off the front and started chasing.  But these guys had already put a whole mile on the field.  The rest of the race was me attacking and getting swallowed up by the loser group all the frickin way to the finish.  I couldn't believe how epicly the peleton gave up despite some teammates trying to shut down the breaks.  I ended up 20thish.

Back in pdx I went to the shop and had them do a number of things to make sure I wouldn't get another chain derail.  I had the cable retnesioned and got a new chain.

Today I shouldn't have even raced.  I zipcarred up to Brady for some more racing.  It was miserable weather - cold and rainy.  And the course was 72 miles.  But I had to fulfill my racing addiction.  I was feeling good, but then flatted out on lap 1 of 4.  It took too long to change the wheel and I never caught up.  I gave up after lap 3.

I'm now very demoralized and frustrated.  If only I could not have a mechanical I know I can get in a break.  Saturday I just despised being in the loser group with all the people saying "whelp I guess those guys will get away". And then today I got dropped and dnfedmylife.

Next week is Walla Walla and I don't know if I'll be able to find anyone to go with.  And it'll be my 4th hard week.  Whatevs tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment