Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Post title

Well, I haven't been keeping up my blog much.  I ought to be tho, since I'm starting to be able to mix things up.  I'll give it a shot at catching up a bit from when I last wrote.  I'm definitely not writing as much because I'm trying to be wayyyy more political about what I write since it apparently offends people.  I also have been adding to these unpublished venting posts which will likely never see the light (darkness?) of the internet.  The big thing is that I'm trying to get along with a lot of people who have different, opinionated and seemingly habitual learned approaches to bike racing.  And I find myself disagreeing with that a lot, and it can sometimes come off quite sharply.  I want to be a good member of the community, however I am most definitely not sacrificing my philosophy on racing.

Anyways, I'll talk racing now and hope I don't offend too much.

Cherry Pie


That was a long breakaway I got into at mile 12 of a 75 mile race.  Probably good too because I was skipping numerous pulls and then got dropped badly from the break and then the peleton itself.  I can chalk up one DFL for the season, heh.  My fitness was not there yet.  That's for sure.  The team got a pretty good result with our 40+ year olds taking 2nd and 5th.


IVRR

Nasty weather/sun kinda day.  Break got away really early and nobody from our team got in it.  On the backstretch our team decided to paceline like we were going to catch it or something, but none of us really had the desire or fitness to accomplish such a thing.




I was moving backwards while climbing Michigan Hill.  On the 2nd to last lap I bridged up to a chase group and worked with them until I got dropped and rode in no-mans-land just to get caught by 2 guys at 200m.  Still got 13th and every other Portland rider from my team except Sherm who had a cold DNF'ed.

Santa Cruz

I had two wonderful rides thru Redwood forests and got to see the California Giant Strawberry Factory.


King's Valley

Got the beer prime for the 2nd year in a row this time in a solo attack.  I got chewed out for having a $7,000 bike with the squeakiest chain in the peleton.  The break got away and Casey got in it.  The pack was satisfied with going in borderline zone 1 levels so the break stuck.  I and a few others were bored out of our minds.

Walla Walla

ok, no, I'll write a full post about Walla Walla.  Look for that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment