Sunday, June 16, 2013

And back to racing

Or should I say, back to HSP dominating to Oregon racing scene?

Well, I don't really have much to say except that I think I should try sprinting more often since it is kind of important. Over at PIR I got in a break and then went all out for a hot spot and only Beardsley and Trevor Spahr were able in the mood to hold onto my wheel so I got a point at PIR which is always an accomplishment for me. When the sprint came I wasn't going to get top 10 so I didn't really sprint, but then Christian Tresser, Eddie and Byron all flew by me and ending up getting like 3 or 5 points. I think I could've sprinted for maybe 3 points based on my position, so next time I ought to do that.

Over at Rainier there was a lot of waiting around once all of us figured out where the corners were since the organizers thought it would be a more challenging race if the flaggers didn't point in the direction we should go or even be at their corner to stop traffic the first lap. Also, poor Sam Schartz managed to get in a breakaway that nobody else noticed that then took a 2 minute long wrong turn. So anyways after that, breaks weren't sticking left and right so it was a field sprint where HSP could very well have gotten the entire podium if it weren't for them having just a two person squad. I was trying to get onto Klipper's wheel, but when that wasn't going to pan out I tried my luck elsewhere and ended up 10th which is satisfactory enough for me.

Next up is Mt. Hood which I am now happy that I signed up for since the other two competing Oregon races were cancelled. Klipper says my goal is to hang on and I would concur. Then I'm not doing Baker City, but instead visiting family. Then I'm doing the High Desert Omnium Road Race and maybe also the St Honore Crit, sucks that they're scheduled the same weekend. And then the whole damn Northwest has a scheduling problem of doing the following 4 awesome races during the same July 12-13 weekend: Montinore (actually not that important, but it is Oregon Cup), Redmond Derby Days, Boise Twilight and BC Superweek (well they at least put Gastown on the 10th, so I guess that's ok). I may need to rent a Zipjet for that weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment