Monday, January 21, 2013

Coastal Ride

Ya know what I feel like doing, I feel like writing up a short little blog post about whassup. Last weekend I managed to find my way out to the coast. There were a number of reasons why I chose to do this. Firstly, I had been analyzing the weather intensely and noting that the weather was bitterly freezing fog any and everywhere in the Willamette Valley, however it was warmish out along the coast and very warm above 2,000 feet.

I couldn't really find any flatish roads at 2,000 feet nearby to ride on, but then remembered that one of my church friends was getting a bunch of peeps together to go out to the coast this last weekend. I managed to secure a car to go out there and even got a spot on a bed in a yurt.

On day 1 I drove out there and began riding north from Beverly Beach State Park and got a little past Lincoln City and then meandered around Lincoln City trying to find a decent place to do 20 second sprints. And then I headed back for a total of 3.5 hours.

Day 2 I headed south to just past Waldport. And I got a flat in Waldport which was nice because it had a really nice view and there was this plaque I found and there was this crazy plane that looked like it might fly under the 101 bridge. And then I rode back and then I drove back.

And that was the end to my last big week of training in a cycle so rest week here I come! I'm glad I got in one final good ride with the S1 in its current state because now I get to clean off all the ocean sand as I install a standard crankset and new chain that is really needed. Sometimes I wonder how far I'm stretching my welcome with friends due to me going off on my own on these strange bike rides while everyone else is being social and looking at starfish or taking pictures of themselves jumping, but I think I'm doing ok.

Racing is just around the corner! Can you believe that the international opener was just this past weekend Down Under? Greipel and Goss are looking mighty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment