Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Bikes: 2012 Cervélo R5

Here is the first post in a new series called "My Bikes". I really hope this doesn't come across as bragging about my fancy toys, since I very strongly believe that fitness, intelligence, creativity and bicycle handling skills are much more important than equipment. I have a few goals for this series:

1. For the entertainment of my fans? readers who are really into equipment.
2. To showcase the awesome products that are provided by gracious sponsors such as Athlete's Lounge, ROTOR, American Classic, a whole lot more through the awesome Guinness Cycling Team and other awesome sponsors. A little disclaimer, I am not going to discuss how much I paid for each part.
3. To provide a reference in case one of my bikes get stolen.
4. To showcase my bikes that I want to sell.
5. To tell some personal stories that me and the bike have gone through.

Let's Begin With a BANG!



Purpose of this bicycle

I had no idea I was going to get this bike until Klipper called me up and told me we were about to get a absolutely screaming deal on this awesome bicycle. I could not refuse. This bike is a road racing machine which is incredibly stiff, incredibly light and most noticeably to me incredibly stable. I'll ride this bike in road races and important criteriums.

Equipment

Frame & Fork:61cm Cervélo R5
Bottom Bracket & Headset:I am not entirely sure, but I know that the shop had to glue them in.
Crankset:ROTOR 3D Plus Cranks and ROTOR standard 53/39 chainrings (chainrings are ovular).
Stem & Handlebar:Some take-off 44cm handlebar and unknown stem from Athlete's Lounge.
Seatpost:3T Dorico LTD seatpost
Shifters:Shimano Dura Ace 7900
Deraileurs:Shimano Dura Ace 7900
Chain:ROTOR Chain
Brakes:FSA something or other
Saddle:Not entirely sure, but this is my good old saddle I got from Tacoma Bike back two years ago. Still like it!
Water Bottle Cages:Arundel water bottle cages.

Pictured Wheels:

Wheels:2011 American Classic Carbon 58s
Tires:Vittoria Corsa Evo CX 23mm Tubular Tires
Cassette:Shimano Ultegra 10speed 11-28T.

Gadgets:

Power Meter:iBike Newton+ Power Meter
GPS:Garmin Edge 500
Sensor:Garmin Speed/Cadence Sensor.


Personal Stories about this bike

I think the only thing I am superstitious about is bragging about something before it actually comes to pass. Sure enough, I posted that I was going to finally write this blog post and then the next big race I did (the OBRA Crit) this bike was involved in a crash. Fortunately the only thing that happened was that the derailleur hanger got bent and the right shifter got some scratches and the rear derailleur also got some scratches.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet ride. What bikes are you thinking about selling? I'm looking for something in that size range.

    ReplyDelete