Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bike riding is fun

No racing this week, but riding as always. Some highlights:

Tuesday

Steep hillclimb intervals and then some more hillclimb intervals after that. Felt great.

Wednesday

Had a confrontation with a MAX fare inspector for being the 5th bike in the train car. He wanted to see my ID because I was supposedly blocking the walkway. I didn't comply and a bunch of other people argued against him too.

Thursday

More hillclimb intervals, but didn't feel as strong. Maybe it was because that by the end of the ride I had realized that my front deraileur cage had broken. The top metal holder had broken so now the right side of the cage was rubbing on the crank, but the left side was rubbing the chain no matter where I shifted to.

Saturday


Rode my own Ronde Von Flaanderen. Went up the SW hills via Terwilliger/Westwood then out Fairmount/Hewett, then up 59th, then out Skyline and down Old Germantown and then up North on Kaiser back to Skyline, back down Old Germantown again, then up Springville then down Thompson and I still hadn't had enough so I went out to 82nd/Glisan and then headed back on Burnside.

Sunday

Was trying to avoid the intense rains, but eventually made my way out to St. Johns then along Marine View where the fun started. There was an intense crosswind that was nearly blowing me off my bike all along the airport. Then I got a slow leak just after that on the front tire. I put in a new tube, stashed my bag with all my gear behind a tree and headed out for some intervals. Halfway out to Troutdale in the middle of interval 2 of 3 my rear tube exploded. I started walking back and eventually hitchhiked with a very nice old couple back to the I-205 path where I had left my bag. I put my slow leak tube back in and then attempted interval 3 up the 205 trail to Gateway Max. And then at the Gateway MAX I was threatened by another fare inspector with a $159 fine for not walking my bike on the platform - but by walking he meant that I couldn't even straddle my bike and stand up.

I need me some more racing to push myself though. Piece of Cake is coming up Saturday and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment