Monday, August 15, 2011

Am I done yet?

Ugh, racing. Not again. Do I really have to subject myself to yet another grueling series of efforts just to watch the asses of all the other racers actually compete for first place in the end? I didn't think I wanted to at all the weekend before the last so I didn't race at all. However, I did ride a considerable amount.

On Saturday I rode out to somewhere I've always wanted to ride: Vista House:


And then Sunday I rode with the Klipper family along Skyline. The photo below is from later that evening.


But I still felt exhausted after this "rest" weekend. I chose to not do PIR and only did Gig Harbor because my coach thought I should. Oh, did I just miss out on the Portland Twilight Crit? Yep. Who cares. Out at Gig Harbor nothing mattered until the final 200m where I got popped off the back. But I finally scored a victory or three of them in a row while playing beer pong at my sister's party.

I'm ready for the season to be over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment